Grant Illingworth is a Queen’s Counsel based in Auckland, New Zealand. He is a litigation specialist, having conducted his own practice as an advocate since 1975. As a member of the Arbitrators’ and Mediators’ Institute of New Zealand, he also has a close interest in alternative dispute resolution. Particular areas of specialist expertise are:
- Public law, including constitutional law, administrative law, extradition law, judicial review and rights of appeal;
- Tribunal proceedings, including disciplinary proceedings for the medical, legal and accountancy professions;
- Civil litigation, including negligence claims, contract disputes and commercial litigation;
- The law relating to trusts, equitable interests and relationship property;
- Dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation.