Grant is a Queen’s Counsel based in Auckland, New Zealand. He is a litigation specialist, having conducted his own practice as an advocate since 1975.
His particular interests and expertise include the following aspects of the legal process:
- Public law, including constitutional law, administrative law, extradition law, judicial review and rights of appeal
- Tribunal proceedings, including disciplinary proceedings for the medical, legal and accountancy professions
- Civil litigation, including negligence claims, contract disputes and commercial litigation
- The law relating to trusts, equitable interests and relationship property
- Dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation